06 September 2010

Workin' for the Weekend

This past weekend Holly had her dula training in Marshall, TX. That meant I was a single parent for a couple of days. I was a little worried how things would go with a potty training 18 month old. I knew Xander would be fine but Holly usually takes care of the "baby" things.


All in all it went well. No major incidents. Lorelei took her diaper off Friday night a peed in the bed, but beyond that no accidents. It was a good weekend and I think the kids and I got to bond a little.

In some ways, I'm envious of my brother Jon. He, through a series of events, is now a stay at home dad. I think I would enjoy staying home, taking care of the kids. Since I'm the more organized of the adults, I would clean and organize the house and MAINTAIN it. I would plan and cook meals. It seems like a lot of fun. I whole lot better than my job anyway!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you got to spend that time with the kids! What an awesome bonding time for you <3 I bet they loved "Daddy time" but were thrilled to have mommy home. That is usually how my kids are. They actually have never been without me with just daddy for over night but for the few hours every now and then they adore it. You are a great Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to spend alone time with the kids this weekend! That made for strong bonding I'm sure :) I feel the same way! I am the more organized of the Adults and really envy Jon and the time he has with Ethan! My dream has been to stay home and do all that fun stuff it sounds way better then what I do durring the day! I just wish Jon saw it that way. I believe he envy's me a little bit....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would HATE working out of the house I know that is for sure and I know for sure that Joe would enjoy spending more time at home witht he kids but that he would go completely nutty if he had to stay at home with them and be a stay at home dad LOL we actually just talked about that the other day. The best situation would be if we were both at home and he could just work from home that would be so awesome and I think that is what would be best in all families that way kids could get both parents around all the time.

    ReplyDelete