12 May 2011

Backyard Chickens

First off, I should mention that I’m home enjoying some R&R for a couple more days. I’ll post more on that later. Anyway, Holly and I have got it in our minds to try and have some chickens. Friends of ours have some and that just encouraged us to go ahead with it and do it ourselves. So we’re going to buy 3 chickens from our “egg lady” that a full grown and ready to lay. And since we already have a run set up, I just need to build a coop for them. After looking online and in books for easy step-by-step instructions, I just decided to take what others had done and make my own design.
It’s simple and not pretty but it should meet our needs. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. I should be going to get materials in the next day or so and I’ll post again when things are up and running.

1 comment:

  1. have fun!!!our babies are getting big and it has been awesome not having to buy eggs for the past 6 months (well except for Easter because you can't dye brown eggs that would turn out gross looking)

    ReplyDelete