02 December 2010

Deployment Dialog - Day 45

When I talk to people back home, I’m asked, “What’s going on”, “What have you been up to”.  I thought I’d give a breakdown of my oh so exciting day.

0500 Wake up, shower, get ready for work
0530 Eat breakfast, usually a couple of fried egg sandwiches and orange juice
0600 Head to work, either ride bike or take the shuttle
0630 – 1830 Work keeping the network up and running
1830 Eat dinner
1900 Study for TSgt
2000 Computer time, games, movie, Skype
2200 Bed, read
2300 Sleep and get ready to do all again

It’s a good little routine and it keeps me busy which make the days go by faster.  There's also church, PT, and Margarita Monday with the shop thrown in there but it's still pretty routine.  My down day takes a bit of thinking but it’s usually restful.  All in all it’s been a good tour.  In a week I’ll be about 25% of the way done, not that I’m counting.

2 comments: