10 February 2011

Deployment Dialog - Day 114

I think there is a very small glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.  I’ve taken up several ways to count down the time remaining. 
It occurred to me that in 18 days I can say I’m leaving next month.  Semantics I know but still.
I have a daily tear-off calendar on my desk (with not so funny funnies) that has a card holding the place of my last day.  Every day the distance between the card and me gets a little smaller.
Someone previous to us created an Excel spreadsheet that has various counters.  Besides counting down the number of beers left or estimated times I will use the bathroom remaining (204 and 272 respectively) it also counts down the 68 days I have remaining.  There’s also a pie chart that shows percent done thus far.  I’m done with 61.9%, and only have 38.1% left.
Very soon I think I’ll be flying back into the clouds and back to reality.  Can’t wait.

3 comments:

  1. Just you wait. This reality has changed and gotten pretty weird.
    I commented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Aww! Jerrad always says I don't comment either! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that time there for you is going quickly! I'm sure your family is excited and counting done the days as well :)

    ReplyDelete