28 April 2010

Medic!

It's a little after 10:00 pm here and we just got back from the ER. While walking around in the yard and holding Lorelei I some how managed to trip on the old dog house the Johnsons gave us and fell about two feet off our retaining wall. Lorelei banged her head pretty good and I dislocated my right shoulder. Lorelei was fine after a little "na" (or milk to the non-baby speakers) but I got be in pretty severe pain for couple of hours. I felt much better after they gave me morphine and something called "conscious anesthesia" which lets me interact with the docs while they're messing around but I remember nothing about it afterward. Good stuff. The doc put everything back as it should and the arm is feeling much better but I'll have to take it slow and see how it goes. But God was with me every step of the way (the constant pleading prayer helped I'm sure) and everything went pretty smoothly. I'm not a big fan of hospitals but the staff was wonderful and the whole experience was pretty good (could be the drugs though).

3 comments:

  1. I think this lends a great deal of credence to the possibility that your broken toe was entirely due to your own dorkness quotient and had nothing to do with the fact that you were in a raquetball court with me. I'm not saying, I'm just saying....

    Glad you're okay, Bub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that very well could be true. However I had just finished readng your blog shortly before hand and I may have been pondering you Wischisms when it happened. I'm not saying, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! Lesa and I both literally laughted out loud when we read your comment. Thanks, Bub.

    ReplyDelete