25 April 2010

Seeking My Chazown

What in the world is a Chazown?! I had never heard of the word until last week at church. If you’ve attended Church at Red River either of the last two weeks you should know. If you haven’t had the privilege, or weren’t paying attention (tisk tisk) allow me to explain.


Chazown, pronounced khaw-zone' (sounds like calzone without the “L”), is Hebrew for a dream, or more precisely, a vision. That’s what this blog is about, my dream for our family’s future as well as my vision of how we as Christians in the 21st century should strive to live.

I’ll go into detail in later posts about what exactly my chazone is but in short, I want live a Godly, conservative life on a nice piece of land in the middle of a rural section of the country with my close friends and family living near to us. There I want to have a “hobby farm” with a large garden, a few chickens, and some basic livestock, raise a family in a biblical fashion, and have a legacy to pass on to my children, grandchildren, etc. Is that so much to ask?

Basically, this is an instrument to voice my beliefs, concerns, and realizations without having to live vicariously through my wife’s blog anymore!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome dream if you make it a reality let me know : ) It is actually pretty close to our chazown. Oh and I like the photo did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My thought is that a couple of families get together and start the project and then when friends and family want to join we can parcel of parts of our land or help acquire nearby land. And yes I took the photo last summer when we were visiting family in Wisconsin, and Photoshopped accordingly.

    ReplyDelete