18 May 2010

Four in the Fire

Isn't it cool when the pastor seemingly gears the sermon to you and your needs?  Sunday's was about Rack, Shack and Benny when the king ordered everyone to bow down during the music.  Of course we all know the story; they refused to do it because they were obeying God's commands and in the end the king tossed them into the fire.  Instead of burning up though, a fourth figure appeared in the fire with them and they came out unscathed, giving glory to God.  The moral of the story, and sermon, was that they did what God asked, even though the outcome was uncertain.
We had kind of been just floating along the last few years.  Life was good and though it wasn't perfect, there wasn't much adversity either.  Every since we've started to take an stance of "how would God want us to do this?" and working toward our Homestead, things have been happening.  As many of you know, Holly and I have been trying to have a baby for about four and a half years now.  The Lord has finally blessed us with a pregnancy! Holly's due in early Dec.  Very exciting stuff.  Since then though it feels like Satan is trying to beat us down.  First physically, a couple of weeks ago I fell and dislocated my shoulder.  God made a quick recovery for me.  The he tried stress, stress at work and at home.  God has given peace an understanding.  Now Satan is trying a new tactic.  I've been in the AF for 9 years now and have never been sent anywhere longer than a month.  Now that we're pregnant I find out that I'm scheduled for deployment in Oct.  The location is not bad and if timed differently I wouldn't have much problem with going.  I just don't want to be in another country while my wife is going through her first birthing.
I've just given this whole thing over to God.  There is little I can do about it and I've seen what little good my attempts do versus God's attempts.  I know that no matter where I am in Dec, it will be because of God that I'm there and nothing that I nor anyone else on this earth can do will change that.  I'm trusting that there will be a Fourth along with me in my fire.

2 comments:

  1. I will continue to pray for you guys. Your trust in God is going to be blessed. I hope that God's plan is for you to be with Holly but you are very right in knowing that you will be exactly where God needs you to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you and your family and for God's will to be done. Also for God's peace for you and Holly. God is so good and is right there with you guys. Love you both and waiting in anticipation to see how God works this out.
    Love, Lisa Krout

    ReplyDelete