30 May 2010

Do You Hum Your Own Theme Song?

My bestest Brofriend, Gary, said that every time he hears R.E.O. Speedwagon’s “Ridin’ the Storm Out” it made him think of our Homestead Project (which is taking the place of “Our Commune” by the way) and that we should use it as our theme song.  Now I have to explain that Gary is kind of an older gentleman (mid-30’s) so his brand of music isn’t what we young hip kids listen to these days.  I’d never heard of the song but I think I saw something about R.E.O. Speedwagon on late night VH1 once.  I looked up the tune on YouTube and Googled the lyrics and he is right about the song.  It’s simple but so is the outlook.  Below is the song and the lyrics.  Let us know what you think.


Riding the storm out
Waiting for the thaw out
On a full moon night in the
Rocky Mountain winter
My wine bottle's low
Watching for the snow
I've been thinking about what
I've been missing in the city

{Refrain}
And I'm not missing a thing
Watching the full moon crossing the range
Riding the storm out (4x)

My lady's beside me
She's there to guide me
She says that alone we've finally
Found our home
The wind outside is frightening
But it's kinder than the lightning life in the city
It's a hard life to live
But it gives back what you give

1 comment:

  1. You young kids these days...with your hipping and hopping and new-fangled music and your MTV2. Who needs a 2? In my day one MTV was enough!

    ReplyDelete