07 May 2010

Photo Essay - Spring Planting Festival

http://bestattemptphotography.blogspot.com/Any one who knows me knows I don't go too many places without a camera slung over my shoulder. I’m an amateur shutterbug (I think I hate that term) who aspires to one day make a meager sum from selling my photos. My other blog is a conical of that journey. This past weekend I of course took pictures (though not as many as usual for some reason) and here are some that kind of show what we were up to.

Xander feeding the heirloom sheep some of the good stuff, clover from outside the fence.  Sometimes the grass really is greener.


Of course Lorelei had to follow suit.  That child knows no fear.


This was a common sight.  Family bands singing gospel music or just musicians tinkering about.  It was very surreal.


This is the guy doing the blacksmith demonstrations all weekend.  Here he is sharpening a knife that he just hammered out.  Later I watched him create from scratch, then purchased for $1.00, an iron nail.  Very cool.


Besides plants and foods, which we purchased plenty of both, they also were selling foul.  I wanted very much to take some of these little guys home.  Maybe next time.


This was the only permanantly constructed bathroom.  I thought it was funny.  Door on the end says "No GMOs" meaning Genetically Modified Organism or, in this case, food that has been genetically altered for one reason or another.


Isn't this the weirdest thing?  Everywhere you'd see people dressed like Little House on the Prairie and playing old time hymns.  It was very cool.  The girls show here are some of the ones written about in The Gathering.

4 comments:

  1. What, no pictures of your lady?

    The one of Lorelei is cute as all freakin' get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all had pictures of the kids faces which we're technically not allowed to show, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say what? What is the purpose of that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know. It's to protect their identity and avoid any embarassment. I think it's for older kids mostly and those that will be reunited eventually really. I think it's kind of sill since if you've met us in the last year then you've seen our children face to face. Whatever, the adoption is growing closer so I'll be showing them off every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete